You know that turning your device off and back on again usually fixes the odd, occasional issue. But if you're having trouble with your wi-fi network and restarting your iPad or iPhone still doesn't work, this small tip should be your next step.
When my iPad or iPhone cannot connect to wi-fi, I have the device forget the network, and then rejoin. Be sure to have your wifi password on hand before you do any of these steps.
- Go to Settings > Wi-fi
- Tap the blue "i" icon at the right of your wireless network's name
- Tap "Forget This Network"
- Confim in the pop up that you want to Forget
- Tap the back "Wi-Fi" button in the top left
- Choose your wireless network again
- Enter the password for your wi-fi network
I am an Apple Certified Support Professional with over a decade of experience supporting families, schools, and businesses. Tech has always captured my imagination, but it's not my only passion. I'm an ordained Anglican minister; Aeropress is a daily ritual of mine; I've driven across Mongolia; and I'm the father of three girls. I hope to provide for you a balanced and realistic perspective into the practicality of technology.